Donor : Balkan Trust for Democracy, project financially supported by German Marshall Fund of the united States and the USAID.
Duration: 1 April 2021-31 March 2022
Budget: 24.980 $
The purpose of the project is human rights-based approach to COVID-19 crisis in order to better analyze and address restrictions upon human rights that are expected during the pandemic. Human rights-based approach through realization of the health politics should contribute towards better protection of the fundamental human rights related to the health crisis such as: freedoms of movement, right to education, right to access to information, prohibition of discrimination etc.
Activities within the framework of the project:
- Development of a Methodology for monitoring the restrictions during emergency through the important pillars of the HRBA: transparency, accountability, non-discrimination and participation.
- Publishing semi-annual reports as a result of the monitoring over restrictions introduced by the Government of RNM and the Ministry of Health and related with the pandemic.
- Daily monitoring the activities of the Government and the Ministry of health as well as other relevant institutions and submission of requests for free access to information to relevant institutions.
- Two online Focus groups with representatives of grass -root CSOs that are working with vulnerable groups in the society
- Communication with secondary schools on the territory of the City of Skopje and sharing experiences with professors and students from their perspective how they deal with the online (distance) learning as a result of the COVID-19 (submitting of questionnaires).
- Online course for human rights-based approach on IHR Academy for online learning
- Drafting a policy paper – by using the human rights-based approach it will be analyzed the decisions delivered in times of emergency, which had impact to the health-related human rights and the consequences from those decisions and imposed restrictions.
- Development of infographics that will contain information from the monitoring reports
- Organizing an online forum for presentation of the realized project activities and achieved results.
- Increased transparency and accountability of the Government actions against COVID- 19 and
- Increased knowledge and awareness about the importance of HRBA to health crisis